The Governors’ Accord for a New Energy Future is a bipartisan initiative that helps states capture clean energy opportunities across the country and tackle growing energy challenges. States involved in the Accord will:
- Diversify energy generation and expand clean energy sources
- Modernize energy infrastructure
- Encourage clean transportation options
- Plan for energy transition
- Work together to make transformational policy changes.
- Secure a stronger national energy future
The Accord was announced in February 2016 by a bipartisan group of seventeen governors.
For decades, states have been leading the way toward a more prosperous, secure and sustainable American energy future. States that lead in energy innovation will build a strong foundation for economic growth in the decades to come. The Accord will help governors collaborate on policy, planning and best practices.
While each state’s energy needs and resources are unique, collaboration on a national scale is key to energy policy progress. Governors participating in the Accord are committed to working together to achieve a stronger national energy future for the 21st century.